- A nonprofit a nonprofit/NGO manager, executive or board member - or considering a career transition to the nonprofit/NGO sector?
- Currently involved in the nonprofit/NGO sector locally or globally and seeking to enhance your knowledge, skills and expertise?
- New to the nonprofit/NGO field?
If you answered yes to at least one of these questions, through the online Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit and Nongovernmental Organization Management, you will gain the strategic leadership and management skills needed to succeed in this dynamic field.
Virginia Tech's Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit and Nongovernmental Organization Management is designed to:
- Develop both the practical skills and strategic/theoretical knowledge needed as a 21st century nonprofit/NGO leader
- Emphasize and explore the interdependent relationships among the nonprofit/NGO, public and private sectors today
- Identify and examine how nonprofits are shaped by individual and collective world views
- Discuss emerging nonprofit/NGO trends and issues at local, national and international levels
- Explore similarities and differences across several disciplines and types of nonprofits/NGOs
Through completion of this certificate program you will enhance your strategic leadership and management competencies and be prepared to lead a nonprofit organization.
Bridge the gap between theory and practice!
To learn more:
- Spring 2013
- January 1
- Summer I 2013
- May 1
- Summer II 2013
- June 1
- Fall 2013
- August 1
"Curt Gervich who taught nonprofit leadership and governance during the summer 2012 semester was fantastic. He was always prepared (which helps in an online environment) and made an effort to get to know the students. He challenged us academically through written class assignments and forum discussions.
-Natalie LaLonde, MPA Student